Nowhere, Both teams are as they were during their own time period complete with P3's protagonist being alive which is impossible by the time the P4 cast finally acquires their Personas. If this is even made to fit a timeline somehow it has to assume that the SEES members are being sucked into the parallel world from the past rather than the time period of the P4 Investigation Team. Plus, this is not canon like Arena is so I doubt it even matters.126.96.36.199 14:23, June 4, 2014 (UTC)
There's actually a time for each timeline that this is possible. The game states that the P4 crew is in the middle of their own school festival (which is probably why the game is set during that time period); whereas the P3 crew is just before their own school festival (I think MC falls sick sometime around then). AkvoD3 (talk) 14:52, June 9, 2014 (UTC)
this actually is canon, if we look at the facts, in P4, the protagonist didn't die even though he had so much pressure put on him by Izanami, now, the p3 MC died even though he went through the same pressure as the P4MC, so he could have lived, but the clock tower rumor in this game says, that when a person hears the chime of the clock, someone dies, what if, the P3 MC protected the P4 MC from death so he could save the future from shadows, since ameno-sagiri was going to turn the whole world into shadows, and since p3mc is pretty much the most powerful persona user in existence, and since the events of this game was in between time and space, what if he knew that it was going to happen unless someone stopped him/her, thus why the P3 MC died to Nyx, plus it didn't help that he was the seal to lock nyx away. -- Prepare yourself."Come, Izanagi!" 00:49, June 10, 2014 (UTC)
PQ Europe Edit
Just to say, there is a European release date, it was semi-announced on the NISA Europe online store, (http://store.nisaeurope.com/products/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-the-wild-cards-premium-edition) it's on November 28th, and the fangirl inside of me is screaming the ending to The Genesis from P4(G).
188.8.131.52 23:23, July 22, 2014 (UTC) Someone? I guess?
From what I can tell, this game is more of an Etrian Odyssey game using Persona characters than a Persona game; as such, like Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (a Fire Emblem game using SMT characters), this game should be grouped with Other games rather than with the Persona games. Tathra (talk) 21:18, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
- It's a Persona game. It uses Etrian Odyssey-inspired gameplay mechanics, yes, but it is not a crossover with that series. It is a Persona game which crosses over Persona 3 and Persona 4. I see no reason why we should not treat it as a Persona game. (Next you are going to argue how Arena isn't a "real" Persona game because it's a fighting game ala BlazBlue, and thus should be segregated from the rest of the series as well)--Otherarrow (talk) 21:30, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
"Next you are going to argue how Arena isn't a 'real' Persona game" indicates you clearly miss the point. PQ is using the mechanics of a specific game series (Etrian Odyssey) for a non-canon* side-story using Persona characters. Being a different genre or style, like you think, has nothing to do with it. Tathra (talk) 22:03, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
- For what it's worth, it's been announced as canon? And it doesn't just ignore Persona's mechanics, it just embellishes with some EO ones. --Zettaizetsubou (talk) 22:36, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm with Otherarrow on this one. Gameplay mechanics and style doesn't denote whether or not a game is part of a series. Persona Arena is a fighting Persona game. Persona 4 Dancing is a dancing Persona game. Also, what do you even mean it's using Etrian Odyssey mechanics? It's using old-school first person SMT mechanics. Even Persona 1 uses similar mechanics! Also, just because a game is non-canon, doesn't mean it's not part of a series. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, for example, is a non-canon Silent Hill game.
Makoto and Yu Edit
So I've seen some trailers where the characters refer to the MC's as "Makoto Yuki" and "Yu Narukami" for the P3 and P4 protagonist respectively. Would that make P3's MC's name officially Makoto Yuki, like how P4's MC's name is officially Yu Narukami?
- While you can rename the Protagonists, they do come with a list of default names, including those they had in the various adaptions. For example, the Japanese trailers referred to the Protagonist of Persona 3 as Minato Arisato. Therefore, this doesn't make it his official name. G.A.S.A (talk) 03:48, November 16, 2014 (UTC)
- That's just it. I watched the Japanese trailer, and I heard "Makoto" used to refer to the P3 Protagonist.
- TheWalkingEd (talk) 04:23, November 16, 2014 (UTC)
- I know for a fact that the very first trailer had him as Minato. I remember people who disliked his movie name voicing their approval. Either way, this only proves my point. Also, we already had this discussion. Check the talk page for the Protagonist (Persona 3) article. G.A.S.A (talk) 04:35, November 16, 2014 (UTC)
so i still haven't gotten far enough in the game to use them, but Personas can be turned into QR Codes and posted online, and scanned to be added to your compendium, kinda like the Password system in Strange Journey. this being the megaten wiki, we should probably try to have QR Codes for every sub-persona. my question is, where should we put them? on the template, on the persona listing page, on its own separate page just for QR Code listings, or...? and should they be base, or leveled high enough to unlock all their skills, or what? anybody got any suggestions? Tathra (talk) 04:53, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
- I believe we did passwords for units on stat template for Strange Journey. So yeah might as well add it to the stats. Unless you want to add a page for the passwords.--JupiterKnight (talk) 04:57, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
here's one i pulled from the Atlus PQ website. being an image, it screams Gallery; or maybe the Profile section... really, i have no idea where it would best work, but nothing good is coming to me on somehow getting it to fit into the stat template and still have it look nice. just shoehorning it in there wouldn't really work. Tathra (talk) 06:55, November 28, 2014 (UTC)