Default Name Edit
- Too bad the official site for both the Japanese and English versions didn't name him that, last time I check, but there's screenshots that say otherwise. BLUER一番 01:31, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
- I just got the game. His default name is indeed Flynn, guys. Joe Santee (talk) 15:12, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
Okay, why does his alignment say Neutral? Edit
The creators confirmed that there is no canon ending for SMTIV in an interview. They explicitly mentioned that this is despite neutral being the hardest route to get. Furthermore, if this is suppose to be his alignment at the start of the game then the Samurai work for the Law side.
“However, it doesn’t mean ‘Neutral Route = true ending’ or anything of the sort,” he continues. “There are no rights or wrongs for the choices the players make, so we wouldn’t want any of you to have that misunderstanding. The goal was to have something different for each route upon completion.”
- This shouldn't be so trivial - his alignment is determined by the player's choices. BLUER一番 07:03, March 23, 2014 (UTC)
- And neutral is NOT his starting point. You can't unlock the neutral path unless you're lawful and chaotic in different parts of the story. Furthermore, there is no canon ending to this game. Lastly, he's a "Blessed Samurai" working for the utopian millienial kingdom created by the four archangels, ergo, he starts off as Lawful and not Neutral. Changed it back.
- Edit: It's made specifically clear in the beginning that Neutral is not a choice. If we're basing it off the beginning, then he's Law. If we're basing it off "player choice" then choosing "neutral" isn't valid because it's the equivalent of choosing Chaos or Law. Neutral is a chosen path. Flynn is Law-aligned as a Samurai working under the scriptures of God. You take orders from both the monastary and the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado is purposefully kept Lawful to bring about Millenium Kingdom of God. Flynn isn't neutral unless he chooses the White's Nihilist ending or if he betrays his chosen alignment for the other alignment. At no point in the game can he be "just Neutral" in either the beginning or the middle parts of the main story. Only the last stretch of the game and the creators confirmed that none of the endings are canon. It's up to the player, ergo he shouldn't even have an alignment but if we're basing it off the very beginning of the game then he's Lawful. The Truthful Knight (talk) 18:29, March 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Setting him at Neutral isn't true though. Once the first choice comes, you have to pick Chaos or Law, there's never really a third option, just less Chaos or less Law points. Story-wise, he should still be considered Lawful because he's working for the Millenium Kingdom under a different name. But yeah, probably better not to say he's aligned to something when he isn't at all. None of the endings are canon. The Truthful Knight (talk) 19:16, March 23, 2014 (UTC)
For the ignoramus who thinks I'm making-up personal theories Edit
Try actually playing these games so you can stop embarrassing yourself by removing content that's relevant to the main game's story. I'm done being nice about this. You constantly delete posts I make based off your own ignorance and don't even play these games. Why are you even here? You're not a fan, you're just a troll. This wasn't some "fan theory", this is a major conclusion to one of the major endings of IV Apocalypse.
Proof that one of the major themes of IV and IVA is concluding Flynn's subserviance to Akira/Nanashi's will:
This is literally the conclusion of his Anarchy story arc and is foreshadowed in IV. I'm done being nice with this troll who doesn't play these games and pretends to be a fan while deleting content over and over on here. What do they actually provide to these discussions besides their own ignorant views on games they've repeatedly admitted to NEVER having played? Ban them already. If you think I'm giving an attitude about this, well, they've been repeatedly insulting my intellgience and calling me some idiot troll since the getgo while admitting to have never having played any of these games. What are they actually offering to this wiki besides stupidity?
- Are you done? For one, that was that anon's first edit and for another there is someone about to be facing a block here: you. Do not insult other editors on this wiki. Next occurrence will be a block. Great Mara (talk) 00:12, November 3, 2017 (UTC)
- This isn't the first time this guy has tried to insert his personal theories into pages and acted belligerent when they are removed for being speculation (if not out and out wrong). Honestly, the fact that he's so openly hostile and insulting now is a good sign as any that he isn't going to improve his attitude on the subject any time soon. Goodbye.--Otherarrow (talk) 00:43, November 3, 2017 (UTC)