"Our primary objective is the destruction of Shadows."
The Shadow Operatives (シゃドウワーカー, Shadow Worker), official title Security Department, Shadow Response Unit, are an organization in Persona 4 Arena.
An unofficial section of the police backed by the Kirijo Group, the purpose of the Shadow Operatives is to hunt Shadows and deal with Persona related activity. The Shadow Operatives have a certain hierarchy where the lowest numbered member of the group within an operation must lead. In addition to their standard members, Reserve Members may be called upon for support, though they are not usually called upon unless an incident of grave importance is happening.
The most familiar members are the former SEES members, though Mitsuru and Aigis are the most active members. Akihiko decided to travel the world and will eventually leave the organization, Junpei and Yukari decided to pursue their own careers and Ken is going through middle school. While not official, the Investigation Team of Persona 4 has agreed to cooperate with the Shadow Operatives (specifically Mitsuru) for the capture of Sho Minazuki while also living out their daily lives.
- Mitsuru Kirijo: #1, Creator & Leader
- Akihiko Sanada: Founding member, non-permanent, decides to eventually leave after the events of Persona 4 Arena.
- Aigis: #5, Founding member
- Labrys: New member at the end of Persona 4 Arena
- Junpei Iori: Reserve Member
- Yukari Takeba: Reserve Member
- Ken Amada: Reserve Member, decide to leave after P3 Mode Epilogue of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- Koromaru: Reserve Member, decide to leave after P3 Mode Epilogue of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- Kikuno Saikawa: Assistant to group. Has no persona.