"You were used! They forged her suicide note and laid the blame of her death upon you! They trampled all over your young heart! Get mad! Don't forgive those rotten adults!"
Shadow Futaba looks exactly like her real self but her eyes are golden like other Shadow Selves and much like her Palace as an Egyptian pyramid suggests, she wears clothes in the style of Egyptian fashion as a combination of Cleopatra and a Pharaoh, consisting of an outfit including a sleeveless top made of wraps that also covers her neck and exposes her midriff and a white floor-length skirt along with wraps that connect to her bracelets and upper armpieces, and a golden headpiece that has a snake in the front and bares the top of her head along with red jewels.
"Futaba Sakura! Remember!"
Shadow Futaba is Futaba Sakura's repressed feelings and the ruler of Futaba's Palace. Unlike most Shadow Selves, she is born partially from positive emotions (Futaba's love for her mother, suspicion she was murdered, and will to live), and as a result she is not hostile to the original Futaba, instead trying to stop the Sphinx from driving her to suicide by telling her the truth of her mother's death.
"I am the other you. How long will you continue blaming yourself and shutting yourself away from the world? For your mother's death. Don't you think it's time you grasped the truth of that moment? What happened before your eyes... What happened to your mother... Why did you choose to rely on the Phantom Thieves? Are you simply going to shut yourself in and do nothing? Are you going to avert your eyes from the true answer? If so... I will kill them in your world."
Shadow Futaba is initially hostile to the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, angrily asking why they invaded her Palace, being infuriatingly cryptic with advice, and triggering the occasional trap, under the belief that stealing Futaba's Treasure will only hurt her even more. When she realizes the Thieves were hired to help save Futaba from herself, she becomes much more friendly and assists them by confronting herself while the Thieves distracted the Sphinx. When Futaba regains her will to live, she accepts her Shadow and Shadow Futaba is willingly transformed into her Persona Necronomicon.
Persona 5 The Animation
- "It is this illusion that denies you strength. A vicious curse put upon you by the heartless. You knew from the very beginning. And yet you cowered in fear.
This is your chance to make a choice, Futaba. Who will you obey? Cursed words spat out by the seething illusion, or the truth within you own soul?" (Before transforming into Necronomicon)
- Doe from Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth possesses some traits seen in Shadow Futaba despite not being a Shadow himself, as just like her he partially represents his host's suppressed desires to realize the truth behind their living death and to break free from its clutches.
- An unused security meter portrait for Shadow Futaba can be seen in the files of the game. In the actual game, the security meter for Futaba's Palace consistently uses her regular form.
- Despite being the Palace Ruler of Futaba's Palace, her Thieves Den decor is located at the "Metaverse" tab instead of the "Enemy" tab.
- According to a discussion on Shadow Futaba's decor in Thieves Den, Futaba felt refreshed when she heard her Shadow tell her to get angry at the adults.