is a fictional thief created by , first published in the magazine Je sais tout in 1905. He was featured in a multitude of short stories and novels, including numerous films, television, stage plays and comic adaptations. He was known as a "gentleman burglar" who likes to target extremely wealthy individuals and criminals who were much worse than himself.
Raoul was first mentioned in "The Queen's Necklace," a short story included in The Extraordinary Adventures of Arséne Lupin, Gentleman Burglar and was alluded to by the narration as Arséne Lupin's true name. Raoul also appears in multiple other novels as a common alias for Lupin, such as The Countess of Cagliostro as Raoul d'Andrésy.
Other examples include:
- Raoul or Ralph de Limézy (Arséne Lupin, Super Sleuth aka The Damsel with Green Eyes )
- Raoul d'Avenac (La Barre-y-va)
- Monsieur Raoul (The Double Smile aka The Woman with Two Smiles)
- Raoul Averny (The Revenge of the Countess of Cagliostro)
- Raoul d'Enneris (Briefiy mentioned in The Revenge of the Countess of Cagliostro, take the the last name of Jean d'Enneris, an alias from another book)
- Raoul d'Argery (The Last Love of Arséne Lupin)
In contrast to Arsène, who resembles a victorian gentleman, Raoul has a more modern and steampunk-inspired design. Its most apparent distinctions are the mechanical wings made of leather and metal, with a shape akin to the wings of bats. It is dressed in a vivid red jacket with golden trims, a white shirt paired with black-tie undemeath and topped with a red fedora. It wears a black belt with a gold buckle, dark pants and thigh-high boots that are decorated with gold studs on the sides of its thighs. It wears white, fingerless gloves with gold-tipped claws at the end of its fingers. It is also equipped with long, bladed heels much like Arsène. Similarly, it has a demonic face with red eyes and holds a cigarette in its jagged mouth resembling sharp teeth or fangs.
"Another alias of Maurice Leblanc's hero, Arsène Lupin. Infamous as a phantom thief, he was also known to be a man of many friends, lovers, and treasured allies."
|Persona 5 Royal|
Raoul in Persona 5 Royal
Raoul in Persona 5 Royal
Concept art of Raoul
- Excluding the Picaro variants of existing Personas like Orpheus and Izanagi, Raoul is the first DLC Persona that was not introduced in prior games.
- After completing the game's third semester, Raoul's concept art can be bought in the Thieves Den, implying Raoul was meant to be originally included in the game proper instead of as DLC content.