Demon Personality (性格) is a gameplay element in Devil Summoner and Persona.
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
- Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
- Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
- Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
- Megami Ibunroku Persona
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin
- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
In the Devil Summoner series. Each personality has their own likes and dislikes so commanding demons to do something they don't like will decrease their Loyalty and vice versa. A demon with high enough Loyalty will obey the player regardless of their personality. Changing a demons' personality with Sake can make it easier to raise loyalty.
In the early Persona installments, spell or tarot cards, required to summon personas, and items can be obtained from demons through negotiations. Its personality traits determine how it is likely to respond to different contact options. In the Persona 2 duology, certain rumors can also be obtained and spread this way.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
- Cowardly (臆病)
- Impatient (気短)
- Prideful (高慢)
- Vigorous (剛健)
- Insightful (慎重)
- Mild (温和)
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
- None (虚心): Belongs solely to Zeed. Will obey any command but will only guard when using the GO command.
- Calm (冷静): Seems to prefer using what is most effective (e.g. if there is 6 enemies a Calm demon will prefer to use attacks to hit all of them instead of just one enemy, healing all wounded allies at once instead of attacking a single enemy, etc.). They will only accept rare gifts.
- Dumb (愚鈍): Prefers to act on their own via the GO command. Favors receiving food as gifts.
- Wild (獰猛): Likes using anything physical whether it be via the ATTACK command or using a physical attack skill. Favors receiving food as gifts.
- Sly (狡猾): The opposite of Wild. Prefers to use magic attacks or status ailments. Favors gems as gifts.
- Kind (友愛): Likes being told to GUARD or use healing/supportive magic.
Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
The Personalities of demons affect what conversation skills work on which demons and what other ones anger them. There are also certain barriers in the game that require a demon with a certain personality and special red crystals. The crystals contents tend to change and vary depending on which Personality type the demon has.
- Beast: Demons that tend to speak in all caps and are beasts in mythology.
- Jack: The personality belonging to the Jack demons and Hiruko.
- Knight: Demons that have a noble and dignified attitude. They are mid to high level demons.
- Little Kid: Male demons that tend to act like little kids.
- Old Man: Demons with this personality tend to be very old or long lived.
- Old Woman: Same as the Old Man, with only Sati being the exception.
- Punk: Demons with an arrogant or rude attitude to them.
- Show-off: Only three demons have this personality: Obariyon, Mokoi, and Thoth.
- Undead: Despite the name, only two Zombie demons use the personality. Several speak only gibberish.
- Young Girl: Female demons that are either young or act childish. Alice has this personality.
- Foreigner: Demons that tend to speak in gibberish. Several learn the language the more they talk with Raidou, and some will join the party while still only speaking gibberish.
- Fiend: The personality of all the Fiends except for Alice. They all use extortion as their conversation skill.
|Characters||Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV - Gouto - Kaya Daidouji - Shouhei Narumi - Tae Asakura - Dr. Victor - General Munakata - Rasputin - Nakamura - Kiyoshi Daidouji - Dr. Tsukumo - Raido Kuzunoha the XIV - Goto-Douji - Satake Kenzou - Owner of Konnou-Ya - Owner of Ryugu - Sadakichi - Herald of Yatagarasu - Shizu Iida - Denpachi Iida - Detective Kazama|
|Locations||The Capital - Narumi Detective Agency - Konnou-Ya - Gouma-Den - Nameless Shrine Shinoda - Dark Realm - Waden One|
|Soundtracks||Devil Summoner Kuzunoha Raidou vs The Soulless Army Complete Music Works|
|Demon Orders||Pyro - Frost - Volt - Wind - Fury - Pagan - Skill|
|Archives||Demons - Bosses - Skills - Items|
|Major||Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV - Gouto-Douji - Shouhei Narumi - Tae Asakura - Dr. Victor - Akane Narita - Geirin Kuzunoha the XVII - Nagi - Dahn - Blonde Young Man - Shinado|
|Minor||Rasputin - Raido Kuzunoha the XIV - Goto-Douji - Goro Tatsumi - Satake Kenzou - Owner of Konnou-Ya - Owner of Ryugu - Sadakichi - Herald of Yatagarasu - Shizu Iida - Detective Kazama - Old Ones|
|The Capital||Narumi Detective Agency - Shin-Sekai Soda Joint - Konnou-Ya - Gouma-Den - Nameless Shrine Shinoda - Dark Realm - Tsukigata Village - Infinite Abyss - Fukorutsubo - Confinement Chambers|
|Albums||Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon Soundtrack|
|Terms||Luck Locust - Soldier Bug - Pojitrawn - Fukoshi - King Abaddon - Apollyon - Death Ward - Ritual of Unsealing - Loyalty - Personality - Sword fusion - Special conversation|
|Demon Orders||Pyro - Frost - Volt - Wind - Fury - Pagan - Skill - Fiend - Evil - Element - Mitama|
|Lists||Demons - Bosses - Skills - Items - Case Files|