Paulownia Mall (ポロニアンモール, Poronian Mouru)? is a location in Persona 3 and Persona 3 Portable. Located in Tatsumi Port Island, it is an important commercial area. The protagonist can access only a few places at the mall. It is named after the first chapter of The Tale of Genji, "The Paulownia Court/Pavilion." The area's theme music is "Paulownian Mall."
- Persona 3 / FES / Portable
- Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
- Persona 4 / Golden
- Game Panic
- Located at the right side is the mall's game arcade. The protagonist may spend time with a Social Link here. In Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable, certain games can be played to increase the stats of currently equipped Persona. Besides arcade games, there is also a crane game located outside the arcade which costs 200 yen per game, and does not use up any in-game time.
- Power Records
- A store that sells music albums. Despite the inability to enter or do anything with the store, during weekends the protagonist may spend time with a Social Link here.
- Aohige Pharmacy
- Sells recovery items. Gives a discount on Saturdays.
- Shinshoudo Antiques
- An antique shop where the protagonist can trade gems found in Tartarus and fuse Personas with weapons in order to create strong equipment. The antique shop opens on June 9th.
- Velvet Room Entrance
- Located below the Karaoke Bar Mandragora, it serves as an alternate entrance to the Velvet Room.
- A Karaoke Bar, where the protagonist can increase their Courage stat.
- Police Station
- The Police Station is introduced to the protagonist after Akihiko asks to speak with the protagonist and Junpei. Sells weapons and armor. Depending on the level of the protagonist, more and more weapons will become available. In P3 and FES, the Police Station cannot be accessed during the evening, though it is possible in Persona 3 Portable. Gives a discount on Mondays.
- Be blue V
- A shop that sells accessories. In Persona 3 Portable, the protagonist can choose to take part in a part-time job. It is closed during evenings. Gives a discount on Sundays. In Persona 3 Portable, this shop does not sell items - the Police Station now sells all equipment.
- Chagall Cafe
- Sells Pheromone Coffee for 500 yen that increases Charisma (Charm). In Persona 3 Portable, the protagonist can take part in part-time jobs in the cafe on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Working will increase Charm and Courage and pays 3000 yen. The same cafe can be found in Okina City featured in Persona 4 Golden.
- Club Escapade
- Opens during evenings. Where the Tower Social Link, Mutatsu, is found. In Persona 4, the Investigation Team visit this Club during their school trip at Tatsumi Port Island.
- Paulownia Mall is where SEES fights the Hermit Shadow during the Full Moon.
- The kiri (桐*)? in Kirijo - the name of the group that built Paulownia Mall - means "paulownia."
- Jack Frost can be seen in Game Panic's Logo.
- In Persona 3 Portable, the protagonist can talk with Vincent Brooks, the main protagonist of Catherine, in Club Escapade.
- In Portable, during the September Full Moon mission that takes place in Club Escapade, Shinjiro says that due to issues with the electricity, the manager of Escapade had to cancel "some big event." This is a reference to Persona 4's Rise Kujikawa, who, while on the class trip to Tatsumi Port Island, claims that she had a "secret show" planned at Club Escapade two years prior that was cancelled due to a "power outage."
- As revealed in Persona 4, Naoto confirms that Club Escapade no longer serves alcohol due to an incident between several drunks one year before the events of Persona 4.
- As revealed in the Hermit Social Link, Isako Toriumi once got extremely drunk and passed out in Paulownia Mall. In response, an older man called her a "drunk slut."
- Paulownia is a genus of flowering plants. It is also used as the emblem of the Japanese Government.
|Playable||Makoto Yuki - Yukari Takeba - Junpei Iori - Akihiko Sanada - Mitsuru Kirijo - Fuuka Yamagishi - Ken Amada - Aigis - Elizabeth|
|DLC||Shinjiro Aragaki - Goro Akechi - Theodore - Lavenza - Sho Minazuki - Labrys|
|Port Island||Velvet Room - Tartarus - Gekkoukan High School - Paulownia Mall - Iwatodai Station - Port Island Station - Naganaki Shrine - Iwatodai Dormitory - Moonlight Bridge|
|Songs||Our Moment - Moonlight Serendipity|
|Albums||Persona Dancing P3D & P5D Soundtrack Advanced CD|
|Lists||Social - List of Patches and Updates - Trophies|
|Corporate||Atlus Co., Ltd.|
|Personnel||Kazuhisa Wada - Shigenori Soejima - Ryota Kozuka - Shoji Meguro|
Toshiki Konishi - Atsushi Kitajoh