The Knights of the Holy Lance, or Longinus 13, are powerful enemies in Persona 2: Innocent Sin; they are the elite soldiers of Hitler's Last Battalion. They get their name from their 13 members and from the legend of Longinus, the Roman soldier that stabbed Jesus with a spear when he was crucified.
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin: Antagonists
All of the Longinus mecha carry a "Longinus copy spear", capable of sealing Personae away, making them formidable opponents. The 13 Longinus robots all have different voices and personalities. In fact, they were originally intended to be female, but this was changed before the game was finalized. They're most likely based on Himmler and his Round Table of 12 Lieutenants.
The Longinus 13 are apparently the executors of the Himmelsfeuer "Marionettenjäger" (Heavenly Fire "Marionette-Hunters.") This means, in short, that their job is to hunt Persona users, especially the Masquerade members and the Joker. Hitler also intends to use them to replace the 12 Zodiac Houses and Seven Sisters High School and raise Xibalba using their power.
You meet all thirteen Longinus mecha during the game, but you don't necessarily fight all of them.
- Eins, Zwei, Drei, Vier (Holy Knights #1, 2, 3, 4): On the 8th floor of Xibalba, in the Lamat Room.
- Fünf, Sechs, Sieben (Holy Knights #5, 6, 7): Sacred Urn Room of the Aquarius Shrine.
- Acht, Neun, Zehn (Holy Knights #8, 9, 10): If you bring Yukino along to the central bridge of Caracol.
- Elf (Holy Knight #11): If you choose to fight with Maya or Eikichi on top of Mt. Katatsumuri
- Zwölf (Holy Knight #12): If you choose to fight with Lisa or Yukino on top of Mt. Katatsumuri.
- Dreizehn (Holy Knight #13): If you choose to fight alone on top of Mt. Katatsumuri.