The Moirae Sisters, also known as Moerae, are a group of demons that appear in the series.
The Moirae Sisters, also known as Moerae or Moirai, are the Sisters of Fates in Greek mythology, known as the white-robed personifications of destiny and fate. The Moirae controls the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal, including Gods from birth to death, and such, their powers are feared by the Gods. They are often known as agents of their older brother Moros, the god of doom. They are also the children of Nyx and Erebus.
The three sisters are:
- Clotho, the youngest sister, Weaver of the Thread.
- Lachesis, the middle sister, Measurer of the Thread.
- Atropos, the oldest sister, Cutter of the Thread.
Appearances as a GroupEdit
Appearances as Separate EntitiesEdit
- Persona 3 / FES / Portable (As obtainable Personas)
- Persona 4 / Golden (As obtainable Personas)
- Persona 5 / Royal (As obtainable Personas)
Shin Megami Tensei III: NocturneEdit
They appear as servants of the Assembly of Nihilo and guard the Obelisk, Yuko Takao and the Nightmare System. In that role, they spread through the Obelisk a series of traps dependent on the position of Kagutsuchi in the sky.
At first, they openly taunt the Demi-Fiend, until he reaches their position high in the Obelisk. Then, they sink into an arena rigged with their Kagutsuchi-timed devices, forcing him to battle them all, one by one, in one go, to force them to move onwards. Later, the three combined forces to battle him at the same time at the 149th floor of the Obelisk. Despite their efforts, they were slain, losing the Magatama Djed in the process.
Hikawa later explains to Demi-Fiend that the Moirae Sisters are the assassins dispatched by him personally to test if he is the mentioned in the prophecy, Scripture Of Miroku. The defeat of the sisters prompts Hikawa to persuade Demi-Fiend in joining his cause.
Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINEEdit
The sisters first appeared as the final boss of Nakano Stone Site's silver-level instance. The item required to obtain the ability to fuse them is the same, but must be acquired three times in order to be able to fuse them all. They reappear regularly in instances such as Shinjuku Babel's docks B11 and Second Home, always in a group.
- In Nocturne, they must be fought in the order of Clotho, Lachesis, then Atropos, as reference to the myth they are from.
- In most Games, the Moirae Sisters are usually able to fused together to become Norn.