Mirages are entities from Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE.
Beings that traverse into the modern world from a plane of existence called the Idolasphere. They are attracted to humans with Performa; a manifestation of creative energy. Some are benevolent and aid the player-characters, while others appear as enemies and seek to drain humans of all their Performa.
The Mirages come from a world where they have engaged in endless battle, eventually losing unnecessary parts of their original self in order to become more efficient in combat. They are heroes of this world they come from. Humans that have their Performa drained by malevolent Mirages are susceptible to turning into a corrupted form of the Mirage.
The most prominent are based on characters from the Fire Emblem series, while the common encounters are derived from the traditional roster of Shin Megami Tensei demons and Fire Emblem classes.
- Chrom: Itsuki Aoi's Mirage partner; Class: Lord
- Caeda: Tsubasa Oribe's Mirage partner; Class: Pegasus Knight
- Cain: Touma Akagi's Mirage partner; Class: Cavalier
- Tharja: Kiria Kurono's Mirage partner; Class: Dark Mage
- Virion: Eleonora Yumizuru's Mirage partner; Class: Archer
- Draug: Mamori Minamoto's Mirage partner; formerly Barry Goodman's Mirage partner; Class: Knight
- Navarre: Yashiro Tsurugi's Mirage partner; Class: Myrmidon
- Tiki: Class: Manakete
Enemy Character Mirages
- Gangrel: Nobu Horinozawa's Mirage partner; Class: Trickster
- Aversa: Ayaha Oribe's Mirage partner; Class: Dark Flier
- Garrick: Teru Gojyuin's Mirage partner; Class: Barbarian
- Excellus: Kuen Tarachino's Mirage partner; Class: Sage
- Gharnef: Yatsufusa Hatanaka's Mirage partner; Class: Sorcerer
- Medeus: Class: Manakete
Side Quest Bosses
- Pheros: Chouten Sawafuji's Mirage partner; Class: Dark Flier (Tsubasa's Side Quest only)
- Abel: Riku Suzumoto's Mirage partner; Class: Dark Knight (Toma's Side Quest only)
- Bord and Cord: Class: Barbarian (Kiria's Side Quest only)
- Lorenz: Class: General (Mamori's Side Quest only)
- Lon'qu: Chikaomi Tsurugi's Mirage partner; Class: Myrmidon (Yashiro's Side Quest only)
- Cervantes: Class: General (Tiki's Side Quest only)
Tiki's Mirage Hunt
- Dolph: Class: Knight
- Gordin: Class: Archer
- Linde: Class: Sage
- Macellan: Class: Knight
- Ogma: Class: Hero
- Palla: Class: Falcon Knight
- Jagen: Paladin
Normal Encounter Enemy Mirages
- Zhu Yin
- Blair (Demon)
- Hierophant (Demon)
- A Famitsu interview with members of the staff behind the game mentions that the Mirages were designed to give off a machine-like impression in order to differentiate them from the human characters and highlight the fact that they're from another world.