Midori Komaki is a character from Devil Survivor.
- 1 Appearances
- 2 Personality
- 3 Profile
- 4 Stats
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
Midori is a very friendly girl with an extreme affinity for justice and love, which often makes her look extremely childish once she shows her true side. She follows her father's lesson of helping people no matter what; however she displays her desire to help people without thinking about the consequences of her own actions.
She is a popular internet cosplay idol under the handle, "Dolly." Her father died when she was younger and his strong impression as a tokusatsu stuntman inspired her to have heroic aspirations. It was due to this strong desire to become a hero that she eventually felt out of place with people her age and turned to the internet, which led to her becoming a famous internet cosplayer.
She was in Tokyo for an event and couldn't get out when the barricades were set up. Eventually she acquired a COMP from Atsuro Kihara, who had found it in a prior battle, and took it upon herself to "rescue the innocent" out of a sense of justice, drawing upon her father's stories for inspiration.
After acquiring her COMP, her death clock reduced as she entered dangerous territory in a reckless manner. Her actions to protect people scared those she wanted to save which led to her being attacked by an angry mob. It is possible, however, to save her and help her understand others' viewpoints and help her retain her innocence and sense of justice. Particularly, she had a profound effect on a tiny Jack Frost demon, who after heeding (and somewhat misunderstanding) her words about "the power of love" went on to become the much more powerful Black Frost, who can be also saved and recruited in several paths.
When the protagonist chooses to go with Yuzu's plan to escape the lockdown, Midori leaves along with Keisuke Takagi. However, after learning of Naoya's strategy in breaking through the lockdown, Midori can be convinced to rejoin the party.
King of Demons
Midori, along with Keisuke and Yuzu, oppose Naoya's plan to make the protagonist the King of Bel and leave the party. Upon completion of Naoya's route, Midori and Yuzu are seen in the epilogue as the protagonist begins to wage war with the angels, and they hope that his heart stays human to the end.
Kingdom of Saints
Midori aids the protagonist in becoming the Messiah.
Song of Hope
Devil Survivor Overclocked
After escaping, Midori leaves the party to go home. She is seen soon after the protagonist re-enters the Lockdown, where she is cornered by SDF soldiers. Upon rescuing her, she rejoins the party.
The King's Decision
Midori's role varies based on the protagonist's decision. If the protagonist chooses to kill the demon tamers, she and Yuzu will assist Metatron in the final battle. If the protagonist decides not to kill anyone, she asks to rejoin the party after Yuzu and Izuna convince the people in the Yamanote Circle to rally behind the Overlord.
Hero Vs. God
Midori is enthusiastic about helping the Messiah bring peace into the new world order.
Midori has a movement range of 4 and fairly balanced stats, with a focus on magic, making her an overall solid unit. When recruited mid-game, she can be a faster and more defensive, but slightly weaker (in Magic) alternative to Yuzu. Her flexible availability in most routes, in addition to decent Magic and MP growth, makes her a great Magic user, and can be deployed alongside Yuzu or Keisuke to form a solid supportive / offensive core on most Days.
As an Ally
3rd Day, Ikebukuro and Suidobashi
Midori is encountered here after she acquires her COMP. On both occasions, she is helping civilians who were being attacked by demons and must be assisted.
5th Day, Suidobashi
- Midori is the youngest playable character, at 15 years of age.
- Midori is based on the prominent cosplayer Midori Kanda.
- Midori: "My daddy was really cool. But he died in an accident when I was in second grade... My daddy's job was to be a hero! Heeehee... Well, kind of. He worked as a stuntman in one of those hero suits. You couldn't see his face on TV, but he'd tell me, "Look, it's your dad!" It was cool! My own daddy was a defender of justice! ...That's what I told myself. Soooo, that's why I wanna be a hero too!"
- Midori: "I just loved playing hero since I was little! Heheh, my daddy's influence."
- Midori: "I never had female friends... I just loved playing hero since I was little! Heheh, my daddy's influence. That's why I always played with the boys... But once you hit fourth grade or so, boys stop playing hero. And, well... nobody would play with me anymore. I coulda just played with the other girls, but you know how girls form those cliques? I didn't fit in with them, either... I didn't know how to play anything else, so I ended up losing all my friends... [Hahaha... Just a little. But then I discovered the Internet!]/[Yeah... I pretty much had nowhere else to go.] There were a lot of people on the net who wanted to change who they were. I fit right in! I made lots of friends online. So... I wasn't lonely at all! Yep! It's thanks to the net that I'm the girl you see before you today."
|Overclocked - Manga|
|Playable Characters||Protagonist - Atsuro Kihara - Yuzu Tanikawa - Naoya - Amane Kuzuryu - Keisuke Takagi - Midori Komaki - Mari Mochizuki - Kaido - Black Frost - Gin - Misaki Izuna|
|Non-Playable Characters||Haru - Shomonkai Founder - Gigolo - Yasuyuki Honda - Shoji - Azuma - Commander Fushimi - Beldr - Jezebel - Belzaboul - Belberith - Metatron - Okuninushi|
|Locations||Shibuya - Aoyama - Roppongi - Ikebukuro - Akasaka Tunnel - Omotesando - Shinjuku - Akihabara - Nagata-Cho - Shiba Park - Ueno - Kudanshita - Asakusa - Kanda|
|Music||Devil Survivor OST Remix - Reset - Soul Survive|
|Terminology||Extra Turn Battle - COMPs - Shomonkai - Tokyo Lockdown - Demon Summoning Program - Laplace Mail - Death Clock - King of Bel - Devil Auction - Dance Skills - Skill Crack - Racial Skill - Auto Skill - Demon World - Four Devas|
|Archives||Demons (DeSu - DSO) - Skills (DeSu - DSO) - Status Ailments - Titles - Endings|