The Megami Tensei franchise, since from its first inception with Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei in 1987 to the present and latest media released, has seen its elements referenced in popular culture. Below are some pop culture references of the series in other media.
Other Atlus brandsEdit
Catherine is a puzzle game described as a "romantic horror" featuring adult and horror themes released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It features numerous references to the Persona series:
- A Catherine figure can be found in Persona 5 Futaba Sakura's room.
- A Teddie doll can be found at the Stray Sheep bar in Catherine.
BlazBlue Cross Tag BattleEdit
A fighting game developed by Arc System Works, this game features appearances by characters from Persona 4.
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair: Five dolls of Monokuma, the game's mascot, can be found hidden in many locations in each chapter. Their appearance changes each chapter and those found on chapter 5 are wearing COMPs.
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: Many faux Danganronpa games logos are shown at the end of the game, each one parodying a different franchise. One of them is called Shin Danganronpa 7: Despair vs. Hope.
Phantasy Star Online 2Edit
- Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life (うーさーのその日暮らし, Ūsā no Sono-hi-gurashi)?: Teddie cameos in the show to promote Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth.
- No Game No Life ((ノーゲーム・ノーライフ, Nōgēmu Nōraifu)*)?: Chie appears in one of the episodes in a picture when the protagonist Sora gives an example.
- Fate/GUDAGUDA Order: One of the characters asks their franchise's Scathatch to float in mid-air while in position while another points out the reference. In all subsequent appearances, Scathatch keeps the same pose.
- ↑ 「PSO2」12月下旬のアップデートで「ペルソナ5」とのコラボによる新スクラッチを配信。ロビーアクションで「ブチッ」も再現できる
- ↑ 「PSO2」，アップデート「美しき四天と無限の世界」Part3-1が実装。「P3D」「P5D」とのダブルコラボも開催に