Lock Keepers, referred to in-game as Wardens, are powerful enemies in Persona 5 Strikers.
- Persona 5 Strikers: Bosses
Lock Keepers are special Shadows that ward off intruders from the "Bird Cage," or a part of the Jail that locks its Monarch within. Their purpose is not to keep intruders out, but to lock the Monarch within their traumas and prevent them from returning to their weak selves by constantly reminding them of their traumatic experiences, thus encouraging them to bask in their distortions.
The area where the Lock Keeper resides is known as a "Trauma Cell," and is rooted in the real-world location where the Monarch's trauma took place. When entered via the Metaverse Navigator, the Trauma Cell will take the form of a recording of said trauma, complete with the Lock Keeper taking the form of the person who traumatized the Monarch, but with hollow black eyes.
Once an intruder is spotted, the Lock Keeper will be provoked and transform into a massive, black humanoid with horns and four arms, each holding weapons that vary between each Lock Keeper. Weaker Shadows, including Persona counterparts, accompany the Lock Keeper. Defeating this Lock Keeper will break the barricade to the Jail's cage, and the Phantom Thieves usually send a calling card to the Monarch after this. The Monarch will snap and attack the Phantom Thieves once they enter the Jail after sending a Calling Card and must be defeated to free all of the Monarch's worshipers as well.
Types of Lock Keepers
All Lock Keepers are weak to Bless and Curse, usually having weaknesses to elements that the Monarch is weak to as well.
- Shibuya Jail: The Lock Keeper takes the form of a girl bullying a young Alice Hiiragi by stomping on her and taking photographs of it. When attacking, it wields large axes in each hand. It has additional weaknesses to Fire and Wind.
- Sendai Jail: The Lock Keeper takes the form of a man who was Ango Natsume's publisher. He was discussing with another fellow publisher about fleecing Natsume using his grandfather's name and criticizing Natsume's book as incoherent and dull, while being eavesdropped by Natsume. When attacking, it wields swords in each of its hands. It has an additional weakness to Ice.
- Sapporo Jail: The Lock Keeper takes the form of a sponsor who was discussing with a corrupt senator about usurping Mariko Hyodo's seat as Mayor by manipulating a snow sculpture accident that killed a nine year old child. Hyodo was eavesdropping on the discussion and threatened to call the police, only for the sponsor to remind her that reporting the incident would lead to her immediate removal, as Mariko was technically responsible. When attacking, it wields a shield in each of its hands, to represent how he acted "defensive" during the situation. It has an additional weakness to Psychokinesis.
- Okinawa Jail: EMMA summons this Lock Keeper to drive away intruders to the Okinawa Jail after a voice resembling Sophia's calls her out as a reject. This one has no weapons and floats in the air, although it can manifest weapons wielded by the previous three to attack or protect itself. It lacks any weaknesses other than Bless and Curse.
- The same type of Lock Keeper is also summoned by the orb Keter during the fight against False God Demiurge when the Phantom Thieves go destroy the orbs powering it to have a fighting chance against the main body, but with significantly less health.
- Osaka Jail: Takes the form of Akira Konoe's father, who attempted to kill young Konoe, only for Konoe to kill him in retaliation. When attacking, it wields bazookas in each of its arms. It has additional weaknesses to Electricity and Nuclear.
- Kyoto Jail is the only personalized Jail without a Lock Keeper, due to how recently the Jail was made and its Monarch established.
- No Lock Keeper can be killed before all of the skits are heard. If the party depletes all their HP before they can finish all their dialogue, they will continue attacking until they're done.
- The Okinawa Lock Keeper does not have any special delays, as they do not speak at all.
- The Lock Keepers have similar body builds as EMMA-Demiurge's second form.
|Storyline||Mad Rabbit Alice - Nightmare Dragon Ango - Snow Empress Mariko - Akane's Joker - Akira the Hero - Kuon Ichinose (Sophia - Hecantoncheires) - False God Demiurge (EMMA)|
|Sub||Bicorn - Pixie - Archangel - Silky - Mokoi - Succubus - Jack O' Lantern - High Pixie - Lamia - Orthrus - Eligor - Pisaca - Jack Frost - Lilim - Mothman - Setanta - Mithras - Kaiwan - Principality - Shiisaa - Hecantoncheires - Okuninushi - Neko Shogun - Kurama Tengu - Ganesha - Naga - Sarasvati - Valkyrie - Fortuna - Raja Naga - Norn - Thor - Bugs - Mot - Abaddon - Kali & Dominion - Metatron|
|Dire Shadows||Bugs - Raja Naga - Lilith - Nebiros - Yatagarasu - Eligor - Mithras - Archangel|
|Lock Keeper||School Bully - Natsume's Editor - Callous City Employee/Councilman - Warden - Konoe's Father|
|Requests||Seth - Cerberus - King Frost - Black Frost - Siegfried - Mara - Metatron - Reaper|