Appearances[edit | edit source]
Profile[edit | edit source]
The students of Shujin visit Hawaii from September 7th to 11th. Students from Kosei High School also spend their school trip in Hawaii, as their plane was re-routed from Los Angeles due to inclement weather.
Here, the Phantom Thieves find out that their popularity has traveled outside of Japan into the United States, and most of the beach-goers know of their exploits. The students also discover with dismay that most things are not that different from home; for example, they eat at a Big Bang Burger, just like they already do in Japan.
The protagonist may spend time with one Confidant at Waikiki Beach on September 10th, either by way of a date with one of the girls, or by hanging out with the guys. The only exception is Haru Okumura, as Hawaii's events happen prior to Okumura's Palace, where she makes a proper appearance.
In Royal, the protagonist can interact with Haru, before she interrupts Kawakami posing in a bathing suit in her hotel room. A surprise encounter with Kasumi Yoshizawa also happens in the souvenir shop, and is the first time the other Phantom Thieves meet her.
Confidants[edit | edit source]
All dates with the female cast involve tasting a local delicacy: Garlic Shrimp. Each date will make a comment on the delicacy, and find out from the stall owner about the popularity of the Phantom Thieves.
- Makoto Niijima: At Rank 5 or above, but a relationship is needed for the date after Rank 9. The protagonist may receive a Tiki Keychain. In Persona 5, it gives a +5 boost to Magic and Luck. In Royal, it enables the use of Divine Grace.
- Hifumi Togo: At Rank 5 or above. The protagonist may receive a Honu Charm which grants evasion to (non-instant kill) Curse skills. In Royal, it is specifically Evade Curse.
- Ann Takamaki: At Rank 9 or above, in a relationship. The protagonist may receive a pair of Menehune Dolls. In Persona 5, they give a +5 boost to Strength and Endurance. In Royal, they give a +20 boost to max SP.
- Sadayo Kawakami: At Max Rank, in a relationship. The protagonist may receive a Hawaiian Ring. In Persona 5, it grants evasion to (non-instant kill) Bless skills. In Royal, it is specifically Evade Bless.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The hotel the group stay at is based off the Hilton Hawaiian Village, prior to the current 'rejuvenated' lobby.
- Unused voice dialogue also indicated that the Phantom Thieves were to visit the Honolulu Kamehameha statue during the Hawaii trip, but was cut from the final game.
References[edit | edit source]
- Kamehameha The Great Hawaii Trip Event - Persona 5 Youtube.com (April 29, 2020)
|Playable||Ren Amamiya - Morgana - Ryuji Sakamoto - Ann Takamaki - Yusuke Kitagawa - Makoto Niijima - Futaba Sakura - Haru Okumura - Caroline and Justine|
|DLC||Shinjiro Aragaki - Goro Akechi - Theodore - Lavenza - Sho Minazuki - Labrys|
|Tokyo||Café Leblanc - Shibuya - Shujin Academy|
|Palace||Kamoshida's Palace - Madarame's Palace - Kaneshiro's Palace - Futaba's Palace - Okumura's Palace - Niijima's Palace - Shido's Palace - Mementos|
|Other||Velvet Room - Hawaii|
|Songs||GROOVY - One Nightbreak|
|Albums||Persona Dancing P3D & P5D Soundtrack Advanced CD|
|Lists||Social - Trophies - Patches and Updates|
|Corporate||Atlus Co., Ltd.|
|Personnel||Kazuhisa Wada - Shigenori Soejima - Ryota Kozuka - Shoji Meguro|
Toshiki Konishi - Atsushi Kitajoh - Jazztronik - tofubeats - Mito - Yukihiro Fukutomi - KAIEN - Shacho - Taku Takahashi