Forums: Index > House of Jakyo > How do you play the Aeon Genesis translations of the Shin Megami Tensei games?

I'm thinking of getting the Aeon Genesis translation of Shin Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei II. How do I get and play it? Do I have to buy a Japanese SNES, then the games, and then download the translation, or do I download the game and play it on the PC? Any other methods are welcome? If I have do the "get the SNES" method, I think I understand the controls. If I have to do a "play on the PC" method, what are the controls for PC play? GalaxiaWild 10:19, February 19, 2011 (UTC)

You can do it either way. Actually, I take that back; you probably can't get a Super Famicon and then both games with ease, and will probably have a difficult time getting the translation in (unless you know a lot about console tech). You can, however, get an old SNES or a retro console and then get either game in the links I attached, complete with English translation for about $100 American, with a total cost of around $120-160 dollars for the genuine experience. You can download the rom from a rom site with a pretty good emulator (look to the txt.doc for suggestions), with the controls mapable to anywhere you wish. Of course, there's always Let's Plays online. It all depends on the experience you want. -- Otogi_2.

@Otogi_2 First off, I'm from the UK. Second, I want the experience of actually playing it. Do you mean Let's Plays that I can play? Where's the txt.doc? GalaxiaWild 15:51, February 20, 2011 (UTC)

Right then. Well, then it should be around 62 pounds for the games and 98 (at the most) for the entire set. Most Let's Plays aren't interactive, so I guess just the other two options. The txt.doc should come with the translation of either game in the folder. -- Otogi_2

@Otogi_2 Remind me, what would the whole set consist of aside from the console and games? GalaxiaWild 20:52, February 20, 2011 (UTC)

Well, it depends on what kind of console you get. It could come with anything from two controllers, headphones and other little things to basically nothing else. -- Otogi_2

@Otogi_2 My brother has a PAL SNES. Do I have to get a US or NA SNES? GalaxiaWild 07:56, February 21, 2011 (UTC)

Perhaps. You can try to get a convertor or an adaptor for your PAL version, but otherwise, yes without modification of your current system. -- Otogi_2

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.