- Megami Tensei II: Playable Character / Antagonist, Human Race, Boss
- Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei: Playable Character / Antagonist
Megami Tensei II
An inhabitant of the bomb shelter where the game begins, he is introduced when he forces the protagonist to input his name into the Devil Busters game, alongside the protagonist's and the heroine's. After the protagonist unseals Pazuzu from the game, they are declared the messiahs by Pazuzu. He tasks them with saving the world by ridding it of demons. After teaching him magic, Pazuzu warns them that demons have invaded the shelter through the computers. After defeating Nebiros and reaching the surface, they're given the Flame Talisman by Pazuzu via his girlfriend, Hiroko (who claims to have received it from a weird girl from outside), which allows them to cross over into the mainland.
Once there, Pazuzu orders them to join with his servant Orthrus, who is at the Princess Hotel. Along the way, the two hear of a witch who is said to have tamed Orthrus, although the people recommend not fighting her. Once at the Princess Hotel, Orthrus joins them, claiming to know how to defeat the witch at Tokyo Tower. As they head there, they slay the Jabberwocky, opening the way for members of the Order of Messiah, who hail them as saviors and give them the Solomon's Ring. Pleased by the praise, he declares that by following Pazuzu, they could do no wrong. However, once at Tokyo Tower, the witch questions them on Pazuzu's true motives and on their loyalty to him. The protagonist agrees with the witch's logic. Outraged, the friend leaves with Orthrus, half the party's Macca and Solomon's Ring.
After parting ways with the protagonist, the friend is approached by Hiroko, who learns that he betrayed the protagonist, and she takes Solomon's Ring from him.
Sometime later, the friend is transformed into the Dark Hero, who continues to serve Pazuzu. The Dark Hero later confronts the protagonist and heroine right before they confront Pazuzu in Shinjuku with the intention of killing him, but he and Orthrus are defeated. He then travels to Ginza, where he revives Lucifer from his icy prison.
He later infiltrates Bael's Castle, where he encounters the protagonist's party again. The Dark Hero summons demons to attack the party, however, he fails to defeat them. He then does battle with Bael, but is fatally wounded. After witnessing the protagonist defeat Bael, the Dark Hero passes away. With his last breath, he tells that the "true enemy" is in the Expanse. Afterwards, the protagonist places Solomon's Ring on the deceased friend's finger in memory of him.
Megami Tensei II (Unused)
Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei
|Mappara||2 MP||Displays a minimap until the next New Moon||-|
|Dia||Light HP Recovery (1 ally)||1|
|Agi||Light Fire damage (1-2 enemies)||2|
|Posumudi||4 MP||Cures Poison (1 ally)||3|
|Zanma||Medium Force damage (1-2 enemies)||4|
|Maragima||Medium Fire damage (all enemies)||5|
|Tranpa||6 MP||Teleport to any previously-used Terminal||6|
|Maragion||Large Fire damage (all enemies)||7|
- Proficiency dictates when the character learns the new spell. It is calculated using the following equation:
Proficiency = [Level + Intellect + (Luck / 4)] / 6
- In the manual for the game's original release, he is given the name "Senda." This may be a reference to comedian and radio host Senda Mitsuo.
- It was originally planned that the Dark Hero would be revived by Satan at his own request and be fought in the final dungeon around where Asura is fought in the final game. There is still enemy and event data for the planned boss fight left in the game data.
- The Dark Hero that would be fought in this encounter uses Ice and Elec skills, despite using Fire and Force skills while in the party.
- Even if the protagonist rejects the witch in Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei, they cannot advance in the game with the Dark Hero due to the Water Seal, an item which is obtainable only if the Partner is in the party.
- In the Futaba Bunko gamebook Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei II Messiah Project 2036, the Dark Hero is known as "Ryu."