Charm (魅了*)? is a recurring negative status effect in the series. Charmed targets are bewitched into attacking their own allies or use healing spells on the enemies. In Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse, if Nanashi attempts to recruit an enemy demon that has been afflicted with charm, it will join his party automatically.
- The skill Marin Karin can inflict this effect on a single target.
- The skills Candy Voice and Sexy Dance inflict this effect on a group of enemies.
- The skill Frolic can inflict this effect on a row of targets.
- The skills Babylon Pheromone, Sexy Gaze, Sexy Dance, and Temptation can inflict this effect on all targets.
- Certain weapons may have this as a secondary effect.
- The spells Charmdi and Patra can remove this effect on one ally.
- The spell Amrita can remove this effect on one (or all) ally.
- The spells Salvation/Prayer and Pen Patra can remove this effect on all allies.
- The item Dis-Charm can remove this effect on one ally.