Adam Kadmon (アダムカドモン, Adamu Kadomon)? is a demon in the series.
The original man in the teachings of Kabbalah, untainted by earthly matter. He stands in contrast to the Adam of Eden, who was made from earthly clay. He was the perfect prototype man made by God, with the Kabbalists taking this concept to describe the divine symbolism of the human body. In later teachings, Adam Kadmon came about to personify the Messiah, with Adam Beliyya'al' being his contrast as the devil. He is symbolized by the , which are the Ten Circles of Creation in the Kabbalah.
Shin Megami Tensei NINEEdit
Adam alongside Eve is faced as random encounters in Paradise. The protagonist cannot escape from the battles with these two. Defeating Adam earns a Jewel.
Persona 5 RoyalEdit
"Maruki... He's done it... He evolved his Persona!"
Once Maruki is defeated, he will briefly converse with Adam Kadmon, remarking that '[it] thinks the same thing' as he is lifted onto the Persona's palm. Takuto then teleports into Adam's innards, and allows himself to be linked to its tendrils, enabling it to take control of him and become greatly empowered. Adam Kadmon's lights will shift to a dark red and it, now sharing its voice with Takuto, will roar "I am thou and thou art I" before engaging the party.
In the second phase of the battle, Adam Kadmon will become nigh-impervious to all forms of attack, and repeatedly strike the ground with 'Full Force' to deal enormous damage—however, as the fight is scripted, it will never be able to kill any of the party members. Once enough turns pass, Futaba will locate Adam's weakness: it is invincible until it enters its attack position, during which it will lower its defenses to concentrate energy in its fist. Through this information, the party stalls Adam's attack by summoning their Personas to guard against it while Joker uses his grappling hook to swing onto its head and fire the decisive shot, destroying Maruki's mask and dispelling Adam Kadmon.
Maruki continues using one of the remains of his cognition control device to stop the Monacopter from leaving his Palace, and to pull down the protagonist so he could vent one last time even after Adam Kadmon is defeated. He loses the ability to summon his Persona shortly thereafter due to the Metaverse being destroyed, forcing both the protagonist and Maruki to fight hand-to-hand.
- The coloration on Adam's body resembles the coloration of Yaldabaoth's head and Demiurge's wings.
- Adam Kadmon's back resembles the lower body of EMMA-Demiurge's second form, consisting of a bare spinal cord.
- The mysterious voice which calls out to Maruki during his visit to Rumi may be Adam Kadmon rather than Azathoth, as the filtration of its voice is extremely similar to that of Adam Kadmon's. Its allusion to the biblical Adam through its mention of the Original Sin/the Creation of Thought (in the Japanese release) implies a connection to the Psientific Model Eden floor of his Palace.
- According to Morgana in a Thieves Den conversation, Adam Kadmon is not supposed to be of the size that it takes during its boss battle; it only reached that size as an effect of Maruki's dream world. This is shown when it manifested as Azathoth on December 24th, where it was small enough to fit within the room of Maruki's professor, while when fully manifested within Psientific Model Eden, it towers over both Maruki and the party.
- If the protagonist defeated Azathoth alone without any other party members, Ryuji, Morgana and Ann will automatically fill into the fight against Adam Kadmon.